I know what you are thinking; a spring mocktail is nothing compared to a spring cocktail! I totally get it. One of the things I look forward to most in the springtime is refreshing cocktails. Sitting on my patio after a long day with my two year old is the perfect time to sit back and relax with a cool refreshing drink to take the edge off. Well, needless to say, this spring is a tad bit different for me, as I am preparing to give birth in the next eight weeks. So no cocktails for me! However, I’ve still been craving something cool and refreshing after a long day and these four spring mocktails do the trick! Check out the instructions for each mocktail below. Stay chic Mummy’s XOXOXO
- 3 cups chopped watermelon
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2-3 mint leaves
- 1 cup of ice
- A splash of ginger ale
- A splash of club soda
- In a blender, blend watermelon, lime juice and 1 teaspoon sugar until smooth.
- In the bottom of each glass, muddle 2 mint leaves with 1/4 teaspoon sugar.
- Add in watermelon puree, filling the cup about 1/2 full.
- Add ice, a splash of ginger ale and top with club soda.
- Stir to combine. Garnish with mint sprig and watermelon slice if desired.
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- To make the blueberry simple syrup, combine sugar and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Stir in blueberries and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until blueberries have broken down, about 3-4 minutes.
- Strain blueberry mixture through a cheesecloth or fine sieve; let cool.
- In a large pitcher, whisk together blueberry simple syrup, lemon juice and 5 cups water. Place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Serve over ice and blueberries, if desired.
Non Alcoholic Sangria
- 4 cups white grape juice (1 l)
- ¼ cup blueberries (40 g) + ¾ cup blueberries (120 g)
- 1 cup orange juice (250 ml)
- Juice of 1 lime + 2 limes
- 2 oranges
- 2 bananas
- 2 peaches
- Blend the white grape juice with ¼ cup blueberries (40 g). Pour this liquid mixture in a jar or bowl.
- Add the orange and the lime juice. Stir until is well mixed.
- Place ice in a jar, add the liquid mixture, the chopped fruits (2 oranges, 2 bananas, 2 limes and 2 peaches) and ¾ cup of blueberries. Let stand the sangria in the fridge for about 2 hours.
Frozen Coconut Limeade
- 1 1/2 cups ice
- 5/8 cup of cream of Coconut- like Coco Lopez
- 4-5 Tbsp. frozen limeade (or lemon) concentrate
- 1/8 cup water
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth